1524 Lincoln Hwy, Carroll, IA 51401, USA

AVOID AHS LIKE THE PLAGUE! 12 total hours holding on the phone over 9 calls spanning two weeks...

3 separate contractors sent to the house for a water heater replacement (was actively leaking)... the first two quit because AHS was yanking their chain... the last one I got authorization to use (called outside authorization). I paid for the work to be done out of pocket, job completed, repair invoice mailed (to AHS.

Attn. Outside Authorizations Po box 171354 Memphis, TN 38187) as instructed. Three weeks have passed, no reimbursement has arrived. Called in to get a status, waited 50 minutes to talk to a rep who said they never received the invoice, then put me on hold for 20 more minutes, only to hang up on me when trying to pick up the line again.

At what point do you make the assessment that the company is trying to defraud their customers?

They make it so incredibly difficult to get resolution (holding for hours and getting disconnected routinely), all indications are that they have no intent to make good on their end of the contract. Makes the VA look good, if that tells you anything.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Preferred solution: Pay as agreed quickly!!!.

American Home Shield Cons: Extreme holds, Providers, Wait time for service even with a leaking pipe.

• Water Heater Tank
  • Home Warranty

Comments

ABSOLUTELY TRUE—I BEG OF U AVOID THIS COMPANY - WE NEED TO FILE CLASS ACTION SUIT- ON PHONE WITH ELLER FILIPINO IN MEMPHIS TN -ALL THE FILIPHNO ARE IN MEMPHIS -HOW IS THIS SORT OF BEHAVIOR TOLERATED INNTHE US -SEEMS LIKE THEY PAY GOOGLE FOR REVIEWS AND REMIVE BAD REVIEWS-I DO NOT CURSE AND THE STUPID CUSTOMER SERVICE ELLAR MAKE ME CURSE. -THIS IS *** - Like dealing WITH SATAN -I WOULD NOT WISH THIS NIGHTMARES ON ANYONE PLEASE CHOOSE FIRST AMERICAN THEY ARE WAY BETTER AND NOT DECEPTIVE LIKE AHS-BUYER BEWARE-THIS AN HONEST REVIEW-Wished I HAD CHECKED THIS WEBSITE BEFORE I PURCHASED

Same thing here with my moms A/C unit. Called in for service and they indicated that it was too hot out and that they did not have any technicians in our area to send to her house.

I took it upon myself to call a reputable contractor to come and see what the problem was. He indicated that it would be a major fix. I sent all the paperwork to AHS, plus my contractor called and indicated what the issue was. We ended up getting a new unit for $9000 from my contractor and we received a check in the mail from AHS for $36.

No I am not missing zeros! Yes $36.

Will not let you talk to outside authorization because I am not a contractor. Worst company on the planet.

@El Bee

The EXACT same thing happened to me July 2018. This is a scam!

@Marissa74

File lawsuit- they r like the devil

American Home Shield Reviews