Had my water heater replaced today to the tune of $1,075.00 to bring it up to code, not including the water heater itself.

The technician came out early Wednesday but because AHS didn't call him back within an hour he said it would have to be Friday before he could install it. I didn't get a repair estimate but AHS called to go over the charges right after he called the order in so I could write them down but as I jotted them down he told me he already had them so I expected to get a copy.

Since my old water heater was a 35 year old Rheem I asked for the same type to be installed since it had never given me a problem until it started leaking badly Tuesday. The water heater their plumber installed was shorter and fatter which made it necessary to charge for additional adaptive fittings.

When he arrived today to install the water heater I asked if he'd gotten a Rheem and he responded a tad bit defensively that it was another brand made in America just like Rheem. It has electrical wires sticking out from the front controls which could be a problem since the water heater is located in a small attached storage shed where I store gardening stuff that could potentially snag one of these wires in passing if I'm not very careful...and I'm usually a clutz in tight spaces. The former taller and slimmer 40-gallon Rheem allowed me a little more precious floor space and no exposed wires!

The last time I had to have an appliance replaced through AHS I was allowed to choose the same brand if I wanted. I'd never heard of the brand he used to replace the Rheem so I looked up reviews for it. Some were favorable, more were unfavorable so I'll be lifting it up in prayer from time to time however the installation itself seems to be very good so I'm sure that will help its longevity, I hope.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Water Heater Replacement.

Reason of review: the joy of the LORD is my strength.

Comments