Cary, North Carolina

First time I have to get anything repaired (my build in microwave- Sears from 1989) the cost to repair is $320 they give me the option to repair it or give me up to $308 for replacement. Of course when they order one "direct from whirlpool the cost is $339- $100 more than lower or home depot and that doesn't include installation or the disposal costs of the broken one so I WILL HAVE TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE!!

My other option is to pay out of pocket for microwave from Lowes or Home depot myself, have it installed myself and then wait to be reimbursed by AHS and dispose of the old microwave. So tell me what is the point of this warranty? They will seriously fix a 27 year old microwave first (keep in mind I already paid the $75 fee to have the appliance company come to my house once).

But they will not replace the microwave with a new one or they won't let me purchase a less expensive one and install it? What a *** company!

Reason of review: All around bad service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: False promises, Not honoring their contract.

Comments