Verified Reviewer

What started with a simple call for home warranty service for my dryer turned into a nightmare. It took 3 visits over 1.5 months for the repair contractor to tell me that they needed a belt for my dryer.

Eventually, American Home Shield couldn't find the part and was going to replace my dryer.

However, I couldn't get any information confirming this from AHS. I called at least 5 times and waited 1-2 multiple times for someone to answer. I was told that I could buy a dryer or wait for an email with details on a replacement.

After 2.5 months, I broke down and bought a dryer. Out of the blue, I get the part that was needed for the dryer that I no longer had.

The repair contractor started calling to fix the dryer.

Then they reported it as fixed and closed the case.

In the last 20 years, I have never dealt with such an inept company with this level of awful customer service. Your warranty is worth nothing with this company.

User's recommendation: Never use American Home Shield.

American Home Shield Cons: Waste of my time, Absolute zero communication from company, Waiting months for a resolution, Waiting hours to talk to customer support on hold.

Comments