Fort Myers, Florida
1.1

If you are approached by AHS. RUN as soon as you can. I like to state facts, so I will keep this one simple…

FACT 1: Dishwasher leaking and request placed online 3/21/2016

FACT 2: Technician from GE arrives, turns on nozzle. States nothing was wrong with the dishwasher.

FACT 3: Ran the dishwasher on 3/27/2016 leak turns into a flood

FACT 4: Placed another request over the phone 3/27/2016. I was told that a technician would not arrive until the follow week.

FACT 5: On 3/28/2016 kitchen is completely flooded – Service request ticket now placed in “escalation” status by AHS

FACT 6: Technician #2 from different vendor arrives 3/29/2016 says cost to repair to high, and the dishwasher should be replaced

FACT 7: Technician #2 turn nozzle on to dishwasher, cabinet and kitchen flooded again

FACT 8: Called American Home Shield 3/31/2016 they have not received any information from the technician

FACT 9: On 4/1/2016 given another number from AHS to call to order a new dishwasher. Was told while I was at work that MUST be home to provide them with the dimensions of the old dishwasher before they could order the new dishwasher. They stated that they could not use the dimension provided by the GE technician or the second vendor they sent out.

FACT 10: Measured dishwasher, and was told my dimensions were incorrect. My dimensions were sent to another department and someone would call me back at a late time.

FACT 11: Received a 4/4/2016 from a GE technician #2 that said he fixed my dishwasher LOL!!!!!!!!

FACT 12: Received a call from technician #2 on 4/4/2016 stating that they had a replacement but could not give me a date or time for the install

FACT 13: After several emails, several phone calls, and several days missed of work… my dishwasher was finally installed on 4//5/2016.

These are the steps AHS uses to repair your appliances. If you choose this company BEWARE!!! You will lose time from work, forced to make multiple phone calls, and send many emails before your issue is resolved. I have cancelled my contract after one month of using this company, and switched to another company. Like the saying goes… “Cheaper is not always better.”

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Dishwasher Warranty.

Reason of review: Their process for repairs is awful .

Preferred solution: Let everyone know how horrible their service is.

American Home Shield Pros: Never having to drain my phone battery.

American Home Shield Cons: Different story each call, Process and procedures.

• dishwasher repair services

Comments

which company did you switch to?

@GlobalZebra

American Residential Warranty. I have not had to use them yet, but they have an A+ rating on the BBB, and less complaints filed than AHS.

American Home Shield Reviews