2026 Factory St, Kalamazoo, MI 49001, USA

I've had my warranty with them for 2 yrs now. I had a issue with my Well tank/pump due to which we ran out of water because of the pump breaking in the middle of a winter storm that would last more than 24 hrs.

First, I called in November, 2018 for the well tank, which I included and paid for in my home warranty contract. But guess what...they didn't covered it and I had to pay the 1,200 for the tank change. Then, something else related to the tank wasn't working. Well it happened during a snow storm.

Single mom, four kids at home on a snow day Friday + weekend and NO WATER ruining in the house. They wanted me to put in a service order ONLINE and wait 24-48 hrs for the service call company to call me and schedule a service. Do they know what EMERGENCY SERVICE means?? So I went ahead and called the company (who's one of their contractors) and explained the situation to see if under the snow storm they could come and deal with our well problem.

It was the WELL PUMP, which I have INCLUDED in my contract. I had to pay 1,600 dollars for the problem to be fixed. The contractor said to call american home shield (whom by the way NEVER answer, if they do, before a 45 minute wait) and ask them to refund if not all some of it because the pump was dead. Well guess what I called and after 47 minutes waiting on the phone a rep answered.

According to her, I wouldn't be refunded THE EMERGENCY of the DEAD WELL PUMP that I HAVE COVER FOR, because I didn't do the online service request and waiting the 24-48 hrs service schedule call!!!! I HAVE 4 KIDS AND NO WATER!!! Seriously?!?!?! Then I asked to speak with her supervisor, but again, guess??

she couldn't reach a supervisor so someone will call me back in 24-48 hrs!!!! So be away from AHS, if you want to get into trouble then go for AHS!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments