2.5

My first old unit ( installed 1984 with new house) lasted till 2009 and got replaced from AHS. I just had a blockage in my system and called AHS for fixing the problem.

Company came and solve the problem. While talking with the technician, he stated that the in 2009 installed Heat pump was not correct installed, it is located under our deck and has no air for the right circulation. He made in his report AHS aware of this situation. The old heat pump position prior 2009 was ok for the size of the unit but not for the new installed one.

The company which installed the unit replaced the heat pump on the same place without mentioned that here was not enough air circulation. So, we are paying since 2009 a higher electric bill and with raising temperatures we are about to loose the heat pump way earlier as the normal life expectancy. We ask AHS to correct the location but got the answer that they only replacing damaged parts / units. Practically we are "suffering " from a lazy ,AHS approved installer back in 2009.

The relocation costs were in 2009 definitely lower than they are now. I'm ready to share the costs and tried now several days to get Mr. Mario Keller( Authorization supervisor) on the phone to make this proposal: we would safe money on the bill and AHS would have a longer life on our heat pump unit. Win-win for both parties.

I'm still trying to get hold on this gentleman but if this not helps, I'm going higher up the ladder.

I'm pissed. I'm actually like their service but their alternatives out there, which I need to explore.

Product or Service Mentioned: Heater Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Pros: Products.

American Home Shield Cons: Customer service is the worst.

Comments