Verified Reviewer

We have been patiently waiting for our range hood to be repaired. Have been told by American Shield and their contractor Whirlpool that the part is on back order.

It will be 2 1/2 months now that we have waited. I have tried calling their number and all they are doing is giving us the same answer, "PART IS ON BACK ORDER". I am fed up and want them to replace the exhaust hood or give us the money for it, so we can take care of it ourselves. Also, no management will take our calls, it's always these call center folks out in the Philippines or somewhere overseas.

They are an American company, but customer service is based out of the Philippines? What the *** All I can say is I am extremely irritated, as I have repeatedly asked for management to step in resolve this issue. So far all they do is put me on hold for 10 minutes, come back on the line and tell me, "Sorry, the supervisor is busy with another call, they will call you once they are done and if not today they will surely call you tomorrow." I have called 3 times asking to speak with someone in management and each time they have dealt with me in this manner!

I have yet to get a call from a supervisor or a manager from Customer Service. Extremely disappointed and disheartened by the interaction I have had so far trying to resolve my issue.

User's recommendation: Do not buy any product from this company, it is not worth the headache. Especially, as the decision makers don't bother to call you back.

Location: Aurora, Illinois