Jacksonville, Florida

I would like to know it anyone is filing a law suit against american home shield for fraud. You pay in good faith for their policy and follow all the procedures and you get no results or they are so slow in coming you give up on them.

After speaking to many contractors that used to work for american home shield i have found that we ( those that have contracts) are on the bottom of the list. it seems these companies are not paid much so the put you off as long as they can.

it is all a money game with ahs and the contractors. better to put the money you spent on the policy in a savings account and leave it there for home repairs. it will be much better for your wallet and blood pressure.

Comments

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

Yes, I'm suing AHS for $3500. Their plumber "replaced" a mains line but could not show me what the old pipe looked like and the leak continued until I had someone spend 5 minutes repairing a toilet.

When my washer wouldn't drain, they initially sent a plumber, then wanted to send an appliance tech 6 days later (I requested an appliance tech to begin with). The delay caused my washer to mildew and have to be replaced.

American Home Shield Reviews