1.5

Our air conditioner stopped three weeks ago. It is 90 degrees in Florida and the tech came out and said this 20 year old air conditioner needed new coils.

He wasnt sure but he would start there. He said it would take at least 2 weeks for the coils and it would cost us $1000.00 out of pocket for refrigerant. I asked if he could just put $200.00 worth of refrigerant in and he said no. They would do the new unit for $6,800..

and they could do it within a few days. I called Home Shield someone who then talked with his boss and said they would be deciding by Saturday... this was Wed. They would get back to me.

We waited for 4 days without air conditioning... my house was 81 degrees and I have Ashma! No one got back to us so I called on sat and an agent said there was no record of a meeting but just my call! I could not breathe in my own house, so we were forced to get other quotes and found one 1/2 the amount of Air Doctor and so I called Air Doctor and asked if they could meet that price and they said no.

We paid $4,500 for a 3 ton unit. And it was installed the next day

We had no choice.... It was 1 week with no air! I called Homeshield back because we had original duct work and two of my rooms were not even connected to the unit.

Their service tech was up in my attic, and someone from Homeshield was up there last Spring because it stopped working

I called homeshield and waited 1 hour on the phone but we gave up... so we again had Air Now replace the duct work

I was covered by your company and we couldnt get any information about what to do! They kept saying they would check and get back to me!

Itwas a total scam...two weeks at least to fix, but then the really high bid for a new one!

Your customer service was no where to be found. I need answers from your company

Connie Allen

727259****

User's recommendation: They will fix but not replace with no customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments