Yorba Linda, California
1K views

Run away from this American Home Shield, AHS.

They claim to fix anything under your roof. I bought the higher plan (System option) for about $42.83 a month (from 2011 to Aug 2015) for many years. We got two break downs, The Gas burner (two out of four burners on the Thermador Range, and the other was the garage door opener) On both occasions, we had to spend out-of-pocket $75 in-home estimate. On both claims, AHS denied our claim requests because: 1) the cooking range was previously attempted to fix (by my husband) and 2) the broken garage door spring is on the fine print of items not covered. These are not at all mentioned when the AHS promises that EVERYTHING under the roof is covered (they failed to mention there are list of exclusions they updated and accumulated every year).

I called and cancelled AHS, who soon sent me a formal letter stating my End-of-service Date (the date I called in for cancellation), and that “No refund can be processed”.

RUN AWAY FROM AHS. None of our request was ever fixed by them. It's very upset knowing AHS will turn down the service request, yet we still have to pay the $75 in home estimate. All repairs must be approved by AHS, which almost always denied due to countless fine print. It’s a scam! We have been a customer for 4 years.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Claim.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: don't bother to call me.

Comments