Verified Reviewer

My name is Andrew, contact information. On 7/13/2020, I submitted a request to AHS to have my cooktop repaired.

A contractor from Amtec Services come to my home a couple of days later diagnosed the problem. I was told the parts for the cooktop would be requested through AHS. In July, when I spoke with the representative from Amtec she informed me that one part came in but the other parts were on back order and were waiting for AHS to provider the parts. Since that time I called weekly after waiting on the phone up to 2 1/2 hours each time just to speak to someone and get told the same thing, parts on back order with no resolution.

A couples of weeks ago, around 10/05/2020, I was told by the AHS representative that they would replace the cooktop and they would speak with Amtec since they can't obtain the missing parts to submit the recommendation to replace it. I was told someone would call me back an the next step. I never heard back from anyone and called AHS again and again after waiting on the phone up to 2 1/2 hours with no resolution, just to be told that they have not spoken to Amtec. I called Amtec and they told me that they are recommending that the cooktop be replaced but they stated that when they call AHS parts department they are on hold up to 3 hours .

They have left messages for them to returned their call but they have not heard back from anyone either. This has been a very frustrating ordeal . I understand issues with Covid this has gotten to the point of being ridiculous. Some AHS agents have been more helpful then others.

I once spoke highly of AHS services but this has given me a difference perspective.

It does take much to know if a part hasn't arrive since July that there is a problem and try and be more help to get the issue resolved rather than push me off just to call again and wait again up to 2 1/2 hrs just to speak to someone and get my stovetop repair/replaced. I really need help with this issue I am tired going in circles.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Pros: Big repair savings.

Comments

#1941692

Thank you for putting it out there. I am currently having the same exact problem.

I was told to call the appliance purchase department but I could not reach anybody. I finally hung up after spending more than an hour with nobody to talk to.

I tried for the second time today and still have not talked to anyone. This is beyond frustrating.

American Home Shield Reviews