1.8K views

Freon: AHS Only covers the first $10 out of $60 per pound and if I need 6 lbs of freon, I will have to pay $300 and AHS will only pay a whole whopping $60. Excuse me, don't I already pay for the AHS WARRANTY to cover these hidden "costs".

Whats the point of continuing service with AHS if their competitors cover 100% of the freon and charge $15 less for a service call?! Of course its all about marketing and sales.

They must have been losing money with in the AC department in the summers and decided to charge all their clients. Do other companies charge for freon as well?

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of home warranty from American Home Shield. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $300 and wants American Home Shield to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by American Home Shield for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Freon charge 800 bucks.What's the point. After reading all these posts with the same exact bs read from a script..I'm canceling AHS on all 3 properties.

Long ago it was good.

Now horrible. Home service club is an option.

I am not a layer, but one should pick this up as a class action law suit. The whole point of having the home warranty is to avoid large sums for repairs, and pay a fixed cost to cover items in the home.

I have had a slow ac leak for 6 yrs. American Home Shield will not let the techs find the leak.

They keep putting stop leak in the unit and it last a about a year. We have complained to them just to fix it and they will not. AHS customer Service is horrible and takes at least an hour to get anyone on the phone.

also, they only pay 10 dollars per pound of Freon leaving you to pay the rest on top of the service charge. We have had AHS for 10 yrs and at first it was a decent company but over the years it has got worse and feels like someone from the ghetto is running it.

to Shane 01 #1513302

I know this an old post, but new to me since this is the first time I've seen it. What an *** you are.

Firstly, someone from the ghetto have greater issues than crying about Freon. Secondly, a repairman in the ghetto in all likelihood wouldn't dare to take advantage of folks in need of a working AC unit.

Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States #1182897

I know I'm about a year late on this, but we've had AHS for two years now and have called them for service on our AC multiple times. They have sent tech's out to our house many times to charge our freon and never had an issue.

All of a sudden, this year they're telling me it will cost an additional $60 per pound of freon and that it's been in our contract all along.

WHY am I paying $70 a month ON TOP of a $75 service fee ON TOP of paying for the actual repair? What's the point?!