1.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

On, 11/2/18 my water heater went out. I called to schedule for service in which a plumber came out and diagnose the unit.

Before he left he told my husband that the part (T&P) wasn't covered under the warranty. So, going over my contract where I came to a list of our items that are covered under this contract which was number 5. Water Heater... under that title listed that All components and parts , including tankless water heater and circulating pumps, except: AUXILIARY HOLDING OR STORAGE TANKS-NOISE- FUEL STORAGE TANK AND ENERGY CONSERVATION UNIT.

there's nothing stated that upgraded parts or any other parts are not covered. there's no note under this title saying see page # for other none covered items or parts nor does it list or state any other parts... So, after reading your contract you would believed that all parts and components are covered. until you call them and complain then the person on the phone would take you to a different page where they tell you that this line is the reason why we don't cover your part.

this is false and misleading to there customers.

if you state in your contract that an item is covered then its covered unless you have stated in that contract otherwise. So, I will be looking into this company with an attorney plus I also placed a complaint with the BBB.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Water Heater Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments