Columbus Junction, Iowa

American Home Shield is one of the biggest ripoffs ever. My dishwasher was not working, the timer was out. Although the appliance is older, an off brand (Ariston), I expected it to be repaired or replaced. The technician who came out was great...knew exactly what was wrong...the timer...and ordered one. three week wait time. The timer arrived, installed, and did not work. At that time, the tech said he was positive the timer was used, not new. He ordered another one, three week wait again, installed, didn't work. He also noted that the second timer was also used. Finally, another four weeks out, he installed another timer, which did work. The tech said he had told AHS that the timers were used. The parts replacements were to be new, not used.

Well, here we are...just out of the recall period, and the timer is out again. I don't feel I should have to pay the $125 service call since it is apparent that the timer is defective. Of course, they require the fee before a "senior tech" can "diagnose" the problem.

I will never recommend American Home Shield to anyone, and will definitely share my "experience" with anyone who even thinks about going with them. Total lack of integrity!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dishwasher Repair.

Reason of review: All of the above.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Cons: Bad customer care.

• Ahs Ripoff