Orlando, Florida

An AHS Home Warranty was purchased by the sellers of our new home as part of our recent sales contract. We had the first opportunity to attempt use the warranty for a dishwasher/plumbing issue. After placing an online service request, we received an email notification that an appliance service (business name and number provided) would be contacting us shortly to set up an appointment.

Having no call in 24 hours, I started to wonder. I called AHS and was informed that they provide a 48 hour window for the vendor to contact us. Glad it wasn't an emergency! After inspecting the phone number, the service provider assigned to us is in another County over 1.5 hours away.

I checked with our County business office and they do not have a license to work in our area. I contacted AHS and was told that the company would never do something illegal (AHS reps have been generally rude) and that a license isn't needed. I am very well versed in occupational licensing requirements in my area as this is part of what I do within the scope of my work in local government.

I informed AHS otherwise and they still refused to do much of anything. From the standpoint of liability alone, I told them I would not allow an unlicensed business to come into my home to do work. AHS put me on hold, called the vendor, came back on line with me and confidently (arrogantly?) stated that the "vendor said" they do lots of work in my area and a license isn't required and that the vendor would call me on Saturday to work this out. I explained there was nothing to work out, I would only allow a locally permitted technician in my home.

I haven't heard from AHS or the vendor since this conversation yesterday. Our County does have an unlicensed business complaint process and I will be pursuing this issue. I am glad we did not personally pay for this contract and I envision any future warranty claims over the next year to be more trouble than what they are worth.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Comments

I am contacting my attorney in the morning I am tired of dealing with them. Three contractors and the problem is still not resolved

Would you please stop pasting and posting this same response on everyone's post? You're appearing to be very desperate.

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

American Home Shield Reviews