Verified Reviewer

1.1

My furnace went out with freezing temperatures outside. When contacted AHS after hours, only option given by automated message was to pay $100 for visit and wait to hear from contractor.

As I used them before and knew this contractor does not answer for days, then makes an appointment randomly without consulting the home owner, I called the contractor. Remember, I was in freezing temperature without heat. The contractor, as expected, did not answer and I had to leave a message. 4 days later I received an email message they made an appointment in another 3 days on a day I was out of town.

Needless to say, I had to call another contractor, who came in same day and fixed my furnace.

When I called AHS (after such a long time on the phone with different departments that I cannot recall all details) they said that they did not approve the repair, therefore they will pay nothing. No concern about their plan to leave me without heat for 7 days in low 30s temperatures. They said I should have contacted them to tell them there was an emergency. But there is no way to contact anybody, especially after hours (which was my case) for emergencies.

When they sell you their contracts,, they do not mention they have no emergency services or the fact that you would be dealing with automated messages and contractors that do not answer calls and make appointments at random.

This company is purely lying and makes money by simply not paying for repairs.

It is appalling they are allowed to stay in business. I contact BBB who did nothing other than note my complaint in their files after we sent messages back and forth.

Save your premium money and pay for the repairs yourselves.

User's recommendation: Save the premium money and pay for repairs yourselves.

American Home Shield Cons: Lying about services, Have horrible customer service and they are dishonest, All cons, Incompetent and unresposive contractors.

Comments