Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Mar 21, 2021

We have had a plan with AHS for the past year for our new house.

Our pool heater stopped working intermittently 4 months ago. I contacted AHS, and they sent out a contractor who reported that the pool chemistry was too alkaline, which caused the heated to malfunction.

We have a top-notch pool man, who takes care of our pool on a weekly basis, and he insisted that the pool chemistry was normal, not alkaline, and measured it on the spot to show me the normal chemistry.

I informed AHS, and they sent out a different contractor, who found that the pool was heating, which it does intermittently, and that was the substance of his report.

As the heater still did not work, I have called 6 additional times over the past 3 months, requesting that AHS arrange to correct the problem.

Each time, an entry level person insisted on attempting to take care of the issue, but was unable to. So each time I asked to speak with a supervisor, but the response was that they are unavailable and will call me back in an hour. No manager contacted me back any of those times. Each of these attempts to obtain service took between 30 and 60 minutes of my time.

I am at my wits end.

Have not been able to heat my pool for the past 4 months.

There were 2 service visits during the first 2 months, both of which have been deemed unreliable by AHS. Although I have attempted many times to be put in touch with a supervisor/manager, none has attempted to contact me.

A manager finally contacted me this letting me know that my contract has expired and they will therefore not consider correcting the problem, even though they have been well aware of the problem for months!

User's recommendation: Do not use this company. you will waste a lot of time and money and become frustrated by the lack of response and the poor customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Pool Warranty.

American Home Shield Pros: Customer service is non existent, Never had problem in past but this put me over the edge.

American Home Shield Cons: Turn around time for service, Lack of vendor follow up, Repairs or answers to problem still not answered, Poor service.

Comments