Durham, North Carolina

I have had the Home Shield company for over 4 years. Yes, I have had another claim prior to my latest (broken flush handle on a toilet)and it went easy and quick. However this latest experience with them was the worst customer experience ever! I placed over 8 calls with average time per call was 20 minutes on hold. That is 160 minutes! Unacceptable.

In addition, to the unacceptable hold time, I received horrible treatment from every and each representative that I spoke with. From the claims, cash-out claims and termination department, my fiancé and I were treated very poorly.

Many times the representative acted as if they could care less about our problem. One representative stated "we were receiving so many calls because this is our busy seasons that you will just have to wait your turn". To add salt to the wound, they nickeled and dimed us out to the lowest amount reimbursed on the claim (Sadly $324.82 or a over $600 repair job)

Since I have been paying approximately $45 per month for 4 years totally over $2,160. I do better placing the money in an account for raining days even with the lowest interest rate on back accounts...I get a better return without the poor customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Claim.

Comments

I too have had a terrible experience with ahs. The wait time on the phone is awful.

I need a replacement and it's been nearly a week and I have not been able to get in touch with their purchasing dept. finally someone called me and told me they were investigating my dishwasher and would call me back the next day.

It will be interesting to see if they replace my top of the line dishwasher with a new top of the line. When our year is up we are cancelling them

American Home Shield Reviews