106 Old Mill Rd, LaGrange, GA 30240, USA

My experience with AHS is that you may not get repaired for 3 weeks of more. They won't allow the tech to buy the part locally they order it and have it shipped.

My water heater has been out for 5 weeks. The plumber wanted to add extras to the work so they make money. The company doesn't pay enough so they have to up charge. I took money instead of them replacing the heater.

I was told on 8/20 they would may me the check. On 9/5 I called because the check wasn't here. I was on hold 1 hour, 1:15 minutes, 1 :30 and 1 hour. Each time after they answered I was cut off.

The 5th time I finally talked and they said I had to pay out of my pocket and get reimbursed. I took money instead once before and they paid first. She said this was the new rule, but my contract says nothing about this.

AHS has the worst service I can remember having with a company. I recommend Fidelity Home Warranty.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Water Heater Warranty.

Preferred solution: Payment so I can purchase my water heater that has been out for 5 weeks.

Comments

Actually, the tech is allowed to order the part from wherever they want. Nobody tells them where to get the parts.

Most of the time, “parts on order” is a delay tactic, while they are working new calls. If you knew the truth, that the part is available or even in hand, you would demand that AHS force them to come install it right now. You would have an absolute fit, so they buy time, telling you it’s on order. However, since you aren’t paying for expedient service, you have to wait in line.

You can’t have expedient service and economy prices. It just can’t be done. The warranty contractors have to keep the money machine cranking out the new calls, because that’s where the money is.

They won’t get paid again when yours gets fixed. They got paid when you paid your service fee and that’s all they get, even when they pay for your parts.

why are you still waiting for a water heater? do you not have any money at all?

A water heater replacement is one of the least expensive appliances. $875-$1300 should take care of it through a licensed plumber. Did you really buy a home warranty with all of your money? Check around and read the reviews of all the home warranties.

Is that a wise investment?

Knowing what you know now, if you buy another home warranty, you are foolish. A fool and his money are soon parted.