Zanesville, Ohio
3.4

My wife and I are both seniors and I am disabled. We contracted with American Home Shield ($54 per mo.) to protect us from unexpected household repairs which might allow us to remain in our home. Our income is limited.

Our furnace failed over two weeks ago and with October in Ohio arriving we need a repair. The tech from their agent Fast Response, Grove City Ohio came to our home, took the $100 co-pay and never returned. 10 Phone calls to all parties have been ignored and no timeframe for diagnoses and repair/replace has been offered.

While we understand how insurance works, it is sad that the industry is silently laughing at their needy clients and chastises them each time an answer is requested.

Perhaps all Home Repair Insurance operates the same way, but American Home Shield is particularly cruel. We are sad and helpless. Space heaters and high energy bills are the only option? PLEASE BEWARE.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Pros: Replacement policy.

American Home Shield Cons: Third party apathy.

Comments

Same thing happen to me! They kept sending out ppl but never fixed it The company doesn't reply just finally quit trying

American Home Shield Reviews