AHS is totally useless! They are very particular about what they cover and what they do not, which is a nice way of saying they don’t cover anything.

They don’t even keep their vendors informed of the many changing coverage rules. After living in our house for only a week or so, we had to call a plumber because of a leaking faucet. The problem ended up being related to high water pressure (we were unaware it was crazy high). This caused leaking pipes under our kitchen sink which caused the dishwasher to flood, which caused water to spill out onto the floor.

We ended up having to disconnect the dishwasher from the sink to prevent a flood. The high pressure ultimately lead to a slab leak. We had to call the plumber several times and paid almost $4000 for everything. Yes, we paid, AHS covered nothing…not even the dishwasher.

When AHS decided not to cover these issues, they called me multiple times, emailed me multiple times and sent multiple letters….yes, I am very clear, you are “unable to assist me at this time”. One positive note, at least AHS had the integrity to reimburse me for the multiple times I had to pay their $75 fee (I had to ask them to do this).

Don’t waste your money with this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments