1.3
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I embarrassed that I have use them for over 1 year. The only put a bandage on the problem. They have never replace an item at my house only fixed a part only to cause more problems and then bandage that for service fees of $75.00. Recently I had my hot water hearted leaking all over my garage causing water damage. After being on hold for 27 minutes they sent out one of there bandage contractors who tied sealing the leak (again trying to put a bandage on the problem. The dyed

Code that it was not going to work and said the unit needed to be replaced. Great I thought finically they where going to replace something. But not so fast..... I was then given additional charges for what they termed remodifications. Their modifications where gas line, plumbing, vent and tear down which I'm thinking is removal of the defective hot water heater. Total cost of modifications over $380.00. Keep in mind that a vent is already in place just needs to be reconnected. The gas line is in place and is flexible. Just needs to be reconnected. Water lines in place just need copper fitting attached. So what remodifications they are talking about is unknown. Maybe they are moving my hot water heater elsewhere in my house. A new hot water heater is $420.00 retail at Home Depot and they pay wholesale. The so called remodifications almost cost what the hot water would cost.

So I contact American Home Shield As usual put on hold for 22 minutes. When I finally talk to someone I'm told "we are not responsible for remodifications". I explain to them the same thing as above. Told the same thing as if by reading off of a scrip. I ask to speak to a supervisor knowing they will come back and say nobody is available. Guess what, nobody available! I have spent most of the day dealing with them and they don't care and use words like remodifications. I did get everyone to say that my contract covered replacement, installation and removal but not remodifications. In the mean time my hot water heater continues to leak water all over my garage soaking into my drywall causing more damage. At the time of writing this I'm still on hold waiting to get more smoke blown at me. All I can say is look at another home warranty company or you will be sorry.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $600. This person is overall dissatisfied with American Home Shield. The most disappointing about repair at American Home Shield was dishonest contractors and fraudulent Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about American Home Shield.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare American Home Shield to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments