Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I had American Home Shield for over 5 years, and finally I decided to end our relationship due to the company not wanting to pay for repairs.7/2016 my air unit was low on freon and they sent a company called (Fast Response) out.

They told me over the phone my issue was covered. When this company came out , they wanted to charge me over 600.00 to fillup my refrigerant. I refused the service and discovered that company had drained out the refrigerant i had left in the unit. I called an independent company and this company showed me that there was evidence that refrigerant was recently drained out from Fast Response.

American Home Shield expected me to pay copay to First Response even after the poor experience I received. After threatening to leave the company, the retention department waived the copayment to keep me. What put the icing on the cake in me leaving American Home Shield for good, is on 12/16 my Furnace broke and a company by the name of (MAX AIR) reported that my blower wheel was dirty and that maint. was not done to the unit.

Even after showing documentation that maint. was done twice on the furnace, American Home Shield refused to service my furnace. So I got a private company to come out and they found that my Heat Exchanger was the cause of my furnace going out. The previous heat/air company mis-diagnosed my problem.

I called American Home Shield and cancelled my service.

American Home Shield is in the business of having companies that work for them to find ways Not To Cover Repairs.My aunt and another friend have them and they all have the same issue with American Home Shield, and both persons are in the process of cancelling from them.

Review about: Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments