Dissatisfied!A week a ago my water heater went out after 13 years.

I've had an American Home Sheild Warranty for a while no. I submitted a requested to have a plumber come out and repair/replace it a week ago. Got an email from AHS but never received a follow up call. After a day passes I proactively reached to the plumber.

They were prompt in coming out and told me that the water heater was bad and needed to be replaced and it would need to be ordered. Two days later I am called by the plumber who tells me they have the water heater and want to come a do the replacement. He asks if AHS has contacted me yet, I tell him no and he tells me that I don't have code coverage upgrade and that I need to pay $581 more dollars over the$130 service charge ( which showed up as $130 on credit card). I then call AHS, fight through the automated telephone response system wait 15 minutes to talk to a person, get transferred, wait 40 minutes and they tell me the code coverage was not offered or available.

Disappointing call, I call plumber back, he tells me I have to call AHS back and tell them I approve of extra charges. I call back, another 30 minutes on hold and transfer I speak to the "authorization" person and she tells me she doesn't know why I'm calling and that they have done everything on their side.

A week later, I have know water heater, taken a lot of cold showers, a unhappy wife( who likes to take cold showers for a week) and a bad tastes for AHS.I would not recommend after this experience.

Review about: American Home Shield Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments