I am a current AHS customer - I am happy to see a class action against AHS who still doesn't honor its contracts and still comes up with bogus reasons to not cover expensive repairs:

The latest: Lack of maintenance on AC (they serviced it two months before).

In the past: Code violation (AC the same, no changes in code since the builder installed and the city inspected. Cost me over 1,000.00)

Improper installation (dish washer ran for 5 years before pump failed, had to pay 500 for the repair out of pocket.)

Or my favorite...negligence or mistreatment… That is usually added to the denial excuses.

The technicians are not competent, there is no way to dispute when these guys deny service or make mistakes. This company is a big rip off – and... they seem to pray on older ladies like me who are full time care givers or have been recently widowed. Stay away from them.

Review about: American Home Shield Warranty.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

Memphis, Tennessee, United States #910320

AHS Contract Disclaimer: "Service requests are subject to a fee for each trade call. Some exclusions and limitations apply."

Key West, Florida, United States #666252

Can someone tell me more about the class action lawsuit? I'd looooove to help and recover my time and money!

to shrkchsr Dallas, Texas, United States #666347

goggle class action suit against american home shield - I have only one reply so far on the law firms I have contacted asking if I could participate - the lawyer responded: Thank you for the email.Our class action is complete now.

I appreciate the offer, but there is nothing more to do on it. If you would like to pursue your potential claims, however, I would encourage you to contact an attorney in your area who could help you.

It is people like you standing up that keeps these business from taking advantage of folks.Thank you,

Will let you know if I find an active one- please do likewise if you come up with one.