54 views
Verified Reviewer

Half of my house was losing power randomly so I called AHS who sent out an electrician (which I paid the service fee for). The electrician stated my meter box (attached to my house) had a bad lug on it and needed to be replaced.

AHS called me back and said since 'meter box' is not specifically listed as being covered or not covered, they did not have to pay and this expense would be my responsibility. When I pointed out that my contract states "ALL components and parts of the electrical system are covered excluding (a specific list of items which did not state a meter box)", the representative told me that the meter box is neither a component or part...it was a "system" and they did not have to cover it. When I asked how to file an appeal, he stated that I could get a second opinion from another agent with their company but I would be charged another service fee up front. Total scam and waste of money.

These people are only out to get pain with no services rendered. Total cost I had to pay out of pocket was $700 for new meter box, installation and service fee.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Location: Batesville, Arkansas