Wilton, Iowa
1.7

I've been a customer of American Home Shield for 11 years. This year my AC unit went out at the beginning of August.

Called AHS, they sent out a vendor who replaced the motor. When the unit failed to cool my home, I bought a window AC unit, so I could live in the home and called AHS out again. After 3 no show appt.'s after taking off work, they assigned a second vendor. The second vendor advised the outside unit and the coil on the inside unit needed replaced.

The second vendor called AHS and they called me stating they were going to replace the entire unit and I would be getting a call for an install date. After weeks of calls to the vendor and AHS the problem continued. I would get excuses such as, we have not received the paperwork or still waiting for approval. Now in October I receive a call from a third vendor for a "SECOND OPINION" not to replace, but to repair the unit that continued to fail.

The third vendor recommended only cleaning the coil and to replace a piece of ducting!! He stated the unit was working, of course it keeps my house at 72 now when it's only 68 outside! The third vendor also stated, "I won't know if this works until the next hot day". The next hot day may be 6-8 months away!!

I filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Beau. In filing my complaint I noticed thousands of complaints similar to mine!

I also posted a complaint on their face book page and it was deleted and I was blocked!! I am at the point now where I do not know if I should cut my losses by not renewing my policy and replacing the unit on my own, or continue to pay premiums on a contract they obviously DO NOT plan on honoring!

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Cons: No call backs.

Comments