Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

We had two incidences this year.One was that both of our houses hot water heaters went out a month apart from each other.

The technicians they sent us (two different companies) charged us 400% over the 35.00 permit fee that they never even submitted for. We notified AHS and we told we were on our own to resolve that issue. Then, one of the technicians was so rude when we questioned why we had to pay 600.00 over the 100.00 deductible, because as it turns out... AHS does not cover many of the replacement cost associated with this type of appliance.

He and his boss were making nasty remarks and yelling over the phone so we can hear. I reported this to AHS and again, they only took the information down. It was amazing to learn what they didn't cover in the replacement of this unit. It would have been cheaper for us to do on our own.

Then we had a dryer go out in one of the homes and they couldn't fix it after 5 attempts and then told us we had to get the vents professionally cleaned after we already got the same tools and did the work ourselves, yet that was not good enough. The technician lied to (me or the Rep) because he told me the reason it kept breaking was he kept ordering the wrong part. Then he got the right part - ran the vent to the garage and it still broke. Then he told the rep it's because we didn't have the vent professionally cleaned, but never told them that it broke even when he ran the vent straight out to the garage.

They stood behind him and refused to fix it. I have had success with AHS over the years, so I don't know what has happened to them and their company policy within the last year, that has made then so difficult to work with, and have their quality and standards become so shoddy.

So disappointed in them, because I have always referred them in the past.Will never again.

Review about: American Home Shield 3x3 Combo Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Replace the dryer that is not able to be repaired as the contract claims you will..

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments