Verified Reviewer

I am paying American home shield $125.00 per services call. I also pay monthly $62.00.

I put in a work order in December for my Samsung refrigerator. It was leaking water from the bottom and the ice maker was not working. Instead of making ice, the water was running down the back of the refrigerator and making the lunch meat tray ice up on the inside. Because of the Covid, my refrigerator was not fixed until April 2021..OK, so now I'm having the same problem again, so I called American Home Shield.

They say you have a 30 day warranty for the service and 90 days for the parts.Well, what refrigerator company or oven or whatever only gives you a 90 day warranty for the parts? How do we know the parts weren't defective so the lady says?. Well, we know it wasn't effective 'cause we bought the part. You didn't buy the part.

The company that installed it bought the part. So we go back and forth, back and forth. So she's telling me well you have to pay $125, start a new work order. So if it happens again in the next four or five months, I have to pay another service run..Come on.I will be charged $125..So I told her, well, no, this is not working.

Let's split the cost well, we're not allowed to do that. First of all, I think American Home Shield is a ****** rip-off. Why does my monthly bill go up every time I make a service call?. This is ridiculous..**** **** service and the answer they gave me today's problem is really not working.

I just do not feel that a refrigerator that's a necessity or part you put in it only has a 90-day warranty. Maybe I'm wrong, but that doesn't look right to me..I'm seriously considering canceling American Home shield going with someone else because..If I call 3-4 more times in the next year..I'm going to be paying $80 or90 for them to come out.

I mean for the work order..And $125 for the service run..I mean, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me, so I'm really ****** with this company and I hope the bottom falls out of this damn company 'cause they are worthless as *** run. Don't use them, they're not what they make you think they are run..W back..

User's recommendation: Run don not walk away from this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Samsung Electronics Refrigerator.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Pros: Use to be good.

American Home Shield Cons: Rip-off.

Comments