Have had AHS warranty for years. Dishwasher broke end of Dec. AHS sent Sears repairman, who analyzed problem and tried to order parts. AHS offered totally inadequate amount to replace dishwasher instead ($275 toward a replacement cost of at least $900 on a 5 yr. old dishwasher), so we said fix it.

Nothing for a week, then Sears tried to come by without an appointment to re-assess what was needed to fix the dishwasher (essentially start over). We convinced the guy over the phone to use the parts numbers from the first repairman, and parts were ordered. Parts were to be shipped to the house, and we were to make an appointment for repairs to be completed when they arrived.

Nothing for two weeks. I started calling Sears and AHS since my dishwasher had been broken for nearly a month by now, and was told Sears couldn't find one of the parts, and had no idea when they would get one. I pitched a fit with AHS, and was told that since it had been so long, as soon as they could confirm with Sears that the part was unavailable, they would replace the dishwasher with an equivalent model, and that I would receive a call within 24 hours to arrange the replacement. I thought "Great, now we're getting somewhere". Shoulda known better.

The promise of a new dishwasher was made on a Tue. On Wed. someone from AHS confirmed with Sears that the part was in fact unavailable, and that I would hear from someone else at AHS on Thurs. about the replacement dishwasher. The call never came. I called AHS on Fri., was promised a callback. It never came. Monday I was traveling on business, but no messages from AHS. Hmmmm... Called them on Tue. Promised a callback. Never came. Called again. Got a supervisor. Guess what? Sears found a part! Of course it won't ship 'till next SATURDAY, then I still have to make an appointment to have the parts installed after they arrive....

Of course, if I don't LIKE this plan, I can always acceps the crummy $275 toward replacing my $900 dishwasher.

In sum, my dishwasher will be broken somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks before these clowns get it fixed, there promises are worthless, as is thier warranty.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States #644632

Second house with AHS coverage--not my choice.Coldwell Banker thinks that buying the warranty is a good thing.

AHS does not honor the contract. They send people who either can't do the work or won't do it. TWO houses--almost $1,000 in premiums and NO SERVICE.

Then they let you hang on a cell phone line at .45 cents a minute and tell you YOU ARE the FIRST person to complain. BS.

I am always the first person.Amazing that I have not won the lottery.

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house.The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement.I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

SEARS NOW ID DOING ALL OF AHS SERVICE TO APPLIANCES. WAITS OF A WEEK OR TWO ARE COMMON, ONLY TO BE RESCHEDULED BECAUSE SEARS(A&E) DID NOT SHOW. I'LL TAKE AN INDEPENDANT PROFESSIONAL EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.