Oakland, California

1- I have a subzero, the refrigerator stopped cooling properly about Mid of Oct 2015.

2- I contacted AHS, First contractor I was assigned to called me and said he does not work on Subzero brand. ( This is already over one week between time I called AHS and made an appointment with the contractor, and contractor called me to come over- They claim to have a large network of contractors, but they assigned someone who does not work on the brand I have?!!

3- Then I was referred to BAY Appliance- They came in after one week (already 2 weeks) checked the refrigerator, ordered parts and came back in 2 weeks to install the parts (Now we were in the 4th week)

4-The day after we realized that freezer had stopped working - So I called AHS and Bay Appliance again, and they told me they dispatched the technician to call me ASAP- We did not here anything from anybody for a week. Then AHS decided to call another contractor, and refereed me to Sears, the Sears technician came on Dec 21, to spent five minutes to check and confirm that the freezer was not working, then taking photos from the manufacture's tag one the refrigerator (Which says "SUBZERO" in big letters, and for the next two hours at my place trying to tell me that I have to pay service fee, if not the trip fee, and that if I do not pay, they are a big company with lots of lawyers and that can be very bad for my future....., finally I had to call Sears and put the technician on the phone so that they could tell the guy that I do not need to pay.

5- I called again and reported the case to AHS, and Sears and they both decided to send another guy, and this was scheduled to come on Jan 13, between 1-5PM. At 3:30PM they guy calls telling me that he would arrive in 30 minutes, and then as he learns that he has to work on Subzero, told me they do not work on Subzero. Hello!!!! After 3 weeks, and one tech visit to my house and taking photo of the tag..... Now they tell me that they do not work on Subzero?????And Why AHS with this big network of contractors wasted 3 weeks to refer me to someone who does not on my appliance. Please answer. (Already in week 7)

6- I call AHS again,this time they tell me they will search and find another contractor and call me as soon as they find one, and told me this will take a day at the most.and I gave them my cell number again and asked to contact me on my cell phone.

7- I did receive a phone message on Jan 27 from another contractor, but by that time I decided that I could not stand anymore the level of stress and frustration and inconvenience AHS is causing me and decided to take care of it myself, and then follow it up with AHS.

AHS did not take any responsibility for the poor service, When I asked to talk to a supervisor at AHS, it was not possible. And also found that they change the status of your claim in their website to "Complete" while no repair has been done.

I don't know what else I can call this if is not fraud.....

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Refrigerator Warranty.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments