2.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I have, to my stupidity, signed up with this company on two different occasions.On each, I reached a point where it was intolerable and cancelled the contracts.

The first contract was cancelled because the service companies they send are often incapable of performing the job. Example #1 They sent a plumber to clear the drain, but he didn't have a snake long enough. I had to pay another company to do it right, since I could not use water in the kitchen. Example #2 They sent the same company FIVE times to fix a bar refrigerator, but I was the one who finally suggested they probably should check the freon level (after replacing the ice maker, the temperature control, and a filter).

I was right. Then American Home Shield claimed they didn't cover bar refrigerators, despite the previous 5 service calls. Example #3 I have had to fight to be reimbursed for a service fee that I had to pay twice, because they couldn't find it in their records. (The repairman took the $100 and then told AMS he couldn't do the job.

Second repairman comes, AMS says I don't have to pay, his company said I did, another $100 out of pocket.) Example #4 I cancelled the most recent contract, yet they continued to bill me. When I called to correct this, they refused to acknowledge the contract was cancelled. When presented them with proof (a copy of THEIR web page stating my contract was expired and I was not eligible for service), they refused to refund the money.

I had to dispute it through my credit card company, and despite a formal letter from them stating the case was closed and no refunds would be issued, when they saw the credits against my account initiated by the credit card company, they thought THEY had put them there and advised the case was closed and sent me a "PAST DUE - PAY UPON RECEIPT" statement.I would NEVER recommend this firm to anyone!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of see letters on file. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of plumbing service. American Home Shield needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned plumbing service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at American Home Shield.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments