I called American Homes Sheild to have my Air conditions repair.I was told since I did not have maintance done on my air condition my claim was denies.

I need to have another company to come and clean coil on my system. So, I had to pay American Shield $55.00 and other compay $389. Oh, I forgot tell you this the company that came out knew the the claim was going to be deined, so the tech called his boss and to get him to sale me a new unit. The unit I was is only 14 years old, they me that was out of date.

So, you know some of the tech work on commission, when they sale you a new unit.

The Lady in Fort Washington, MD

Review about: American Home Shield Claim.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

I have had AHS for about 3 to 4 years.They were good until about April of this year.

I pay $45 a month. They have fixed my washing machine once and my dryer a couple of times. No major parts broken. When my refrigerator broke, they order the part twice and it was the wrong part so after about 4 weeks they gave me a brand new refrigerator.

so i had no complaints. when my AC broke in April of 2009 i called them and they sent out Harkins Air & Refrigeration. they went into the attic and said he would have to go and take information back the office. I asked him to check the outside unit because the neighbor had notice that the fan wasn't blowing; something like that.

[The neighbor fixes Air conditioners and knew their was a problem. He checked the outside unit and it needed a motor. They called me back and said that because the ducts in the attic was not tied up correctly they could not fix anything until the problem in the attic was corrected. I ask them to fix the outside unit and i would get someone to fix the ducts in attic that has been like that for 15 years.

they called back and said they couldn't fix the outside unit because of the problem in the attic. I called Harkins to get an estimate for the duct reparis and they never called me back. i was without air for 2 days going back and forth with them. The next morning i called Calvin's maintenace they came out at 8:30 a.m.

put a new motor in and completed the job by 10:30 am. The...

She had to call Baton Rouge AC and they came out that Thursday with the part and fix the AC by 1:00 p.m. It was also under warranty. we both had to pay our $60 withstand these high temps and way 3 days before getting AC fixed.

To me a Scam is going on and Harkins AC in Baton Rouge is part of the scam.BEWARE!

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house.The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement.I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

Whitestone, New York, United States #15022

american home shield playing ads while customers are on telephone hold. captive audience and time consuming when this happens.