AHS sent a repairman to fix our 19 yr old fridge.He siad the compressor had died.

He also wrote it was dirty. I cleaned it 3 to 4 months prior. They denied coverage because it was dirty. They then asked if we would like a second opinion and that they would go by this opinion.

The second contractor said it was not dirty and they should cover the repair. He also took pictures to confirm it was clean. The first contractor did not. AHS said it was not left in the condition the first contractor said.

this is a lie and an excuse not to cover the repair.I believe AHS trains its contractors to write statements that will make it possible for them to deny coverage.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

Prices go up due to rise in costs period. Think about it, AHS is only recieving your premium payment and your service fee is just for the Tech to come out. Now with all prices being high, AHS is actually paying more than probably 4 months of your premium just for the technician to figure out what the issue is.

My only comment about AHS is, why does the costs keep going up?I have had AHS for about 10 years.

Not to many complaints except the cost of the contract goes up every year.I am on a fixed income, so it is about to become an item I can not afford.