PLEASE!!!Save your money, save yourself from lots of aggravation - DO NOT use Amer.

Home Shield. After spending over $400 to repair my A/C one month before signing up with AHS, the unit malfunctioned 6 weeks into my contract. After a service call they refused service claiming that the unit was in poor condition to start with and that the previous work on the unit was inferior. I informed AHS that the unit was functioning normally after the repair and that yes, I agreed that the unit was not in a "like new" condition.

That's why I bought the "insurance". After 10 days of waiting for AHS to schedule the initial inspection, waiting to hear back about the inspection, waiting for a decision and arguing about the decision, I cancelled my contract. It became obvious to me that AHS will do every thing in it's power to avoid paying for repairs.

To my way of thinking an appropriate analogy would be like buying a used car, getting insurance for the car, having an accident and the insurance company refusing coverage because the car was used when purchased.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

Very unprofessional, crooked and liars.

csideboy

AHS has no customer service and even less reliability.Lied to me so many times.

Said it was cheaper for them to "manufacture" the parts rather than replace as this unit was not made anymore. REALLY???

Cost me over $5000 then got a call from them stating my parts were in (weeks after I paid for the new unit).STAY AWAY--THEY ARE CROOKED AND LIE--