Glendale, Arizona

AHS has unreliable contractor on their list. To name one is Dan Gleason of Gleason Appliance Repair and Service.

I used this contractor first time.

He seem level headed. I used him again, took my old refrigerator and sold me one of his used/refurbished one. Gave me a 90 days warranty through him personally. The Ice Maker never work from day 1.

Called and called numerous time, which got through 3 X and was promised to get the problem fix. "NO SHOW". Took my money and never came back. Even called his wife, Laurel's cell #.

Just gave me promise to fix the problem. Dan's Business line on his service receipt has a Las Vegas area code. Got ahold of their old business partner from the receipt who gave me his new phone number which still have the las vegas area code. I have sent letter to AHS regarding this contractor but nobody bothered to contact me.

Why letter? Because you can't get a LIVE PERSON to talk to and their robotic answering service which prompt # to enter never get anybody to return or contact me.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: Auto renewal of contract, Can not talk to a live person.

Comments

Terrible service! Actually yelled at me , only fixed one appliance and wouldn't even look at the other ones.

Said he only gets paid to fix one item on work order, which is a lie. Worse service I have ever had!

Vashti
@Anonymous

It’s true that the contractors only get paid a flat rate to comebtonyour home and do what they have to do. If you have them look at more than one item on one service order, they aren’t going to get any more money.

They only get paid the service fee, yet they have to pay for the parts and labor, and if necessary, a new rreplacement appliance. So it isn’t fair to the contractor to have them look at more than one appliance per ticket.

When calling American Home Shield, say Customer Service at first prompt to be connected to a person!

Had the same problem with this co. Tried to contact American home but was on hold forever and when someone finally picked up they hung up when I was looking up my contract #! Both these company's are ***!

@P.O.1

Dan Gleason came out and said parts would take a week. I waited a week to find out what was going on and he told home shield nothing was wrong.

I can't wash my clothes because it doesn't work and AHS doesn't care they say he has to fix it ??? if he didn't do anything the first time what makes them think he will this time. He acted like he was on it but no communication at all.

bad company to deal with. I would not recommend, Dan Gleason Appliance Repair!!!

American Home Shield Reviews