American Home Shield Phone Numbers and Emails

Legal
Privacy Inquiries, Security Inquiries
Media
Is this your business?
More phone numbers and emails Less phone numbers and emails

How to Contact American Home Shield?

Most Popular Number:

(888) 682-1043
Total calls: 1 135 Issues resolved: 52 Last call: Feb 23, 2024

What Is the American Home Shield Phone Number?

The American Home Shield customer service phone number is 1-888-682-1043 available 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. Alternatively, you can also request a service online using your account credentials. For sales purposes, you can dial American Home Shield number 1-800-858-1922.

How to Contact the American Home Shield Corporate Office?

You can contact the American Home Shield corporate office with plenty of options. First, you can call the office via phone and talk to the Shield agents 24/7 at 1-888-682-1043. Next, you can send a message to American Home Shield email social@ahslink.com. Alternatively, it is possible to reach the corporate office via social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn.

How Do I Contact American Home Shield via Email Address?

To contact American Home Shield via email, send your queries and issues to the American Home Shield email address, social@ahslink.com. You must provide your information, such as your name, email address, contact number, and message where you explain your problems. The American Home Shield agents answer your queries within 24 to 48 hours.

PissedConsumer Club

Memphis, TN 38103

More contact details

American Home Shield Customer Service Reviews

1.2 / 5
Bad
Rev..Dr. William W
Unpleasant and Unprofessional Experience with American Home Shield: Pricing Concerns, Limited Options, and Disrespectful Treatment

I am compelled to share my recent and absolutely horrible and unprofessional experience with American Home Shield concerning the replacement of my hot water heater. As a loyal customer for many years, I've generally been content with their services.

Unfortunately, a recent encounter has left me deeply dissatisfied and questioning the level of professionalism within the company.
I have been a customer of American Home Shield for several years and have generally been satisfied with their services. The technicians are usually prompt, and the quality of work has met my expectations in the past.The noticeable difference in the cost of the hot water heater replacement has raised questions and concerns. Three years ago, I had a similar replacement done, and the cost was only $300. I called customer service to discuss my apprehensions, hoping for clarification or a potential resolution.

Unfortunately, the initial representative was unable to assist and advised me to proceed with paying the $875. Feeling unsatisfied, I requested to escalate the matter to a higher department.
The call was forwarded to a higher department, and to my dismay, the representative I spoke to was not only unhelpful but also extremely rude and harsh with his response regarding the heater replacement. This unexpected and unprofessional behavior added to my frustration.In addition to the pricing concerns, the salesperson insisted that I had no choice but to pay the $875 or go without hot water. This approach left me feeling cornered and frustrated, as I believe as a homeowner, I should have the right to seek a second opinion or explore other service options.Throughout the conversation, the representative continued to explain that, at this point, I have no other options but to pay the $875.

To add to the dismay, the representative even muted his phone to avoid hearing my concerns. I have generally been satisfied with the services provided by American Home Shield, the recent experience with the hot water heater replacement was absolutely horrible and unprofessional.

The unhelpful initial response from customer service, the rude behavior from the higher department representative, the pressure from the salesperson, and the disrespectful phone muting have left me with significant reservations. I hope that American Home Shield takes these concerns seriously and addresses them to maintain the trust and satisfaction of long-term customers.

Clarissa F Ivn
Broken Fridge for a MONTH!
2.2

I want out of this service contract! It has been a week with no word, and AHS called me Dec 12th where I complained and y'all have the nerve to tell me "you're working with ACT Appliance Management to find out next steps" with zero urgency to repair our refrigerator that has been out service for close to a MONTH now!

Don't call us unless you are telling us you're sending this service request to another more reputable vendor, or ACT will be calling us ASAP to schedule a FIX! I'm not an angry person and I've worked tech support and customer service for a decade, and this is wholly outrageous and a gross mismanagement of your customers to leave us high and dry like this. This is an essential appliance and I feel like neither American Home Shield nor ACT Appliance cares to keep us as customers with our fridge out of service for the holiday season! I would like to hear next steps on resolving this by 12/18 if not sooner!

And stop sending these Qualtrics surveys as a fall-back to check in. You're only using these as a hit list of "angry customers" and I would appreciate some sense of urgency like the urgency of AHS pulling $60+ from my account every month.

Guest-5402506
Very poor customer service
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating

The day before Thanksgiving of 2023 my hot water heater went out. One of my Thanksgiving gas happened to be an electrician and checked to see what the problem was.

Discovered that at least one if not both of the elements in the water heater needed to be replaced. I contacted American Home Shield who had one of their contractors contact me. That company sent out two incompetent technicians who said that there was electricity going into the tank, but not coming out of it. They stated that we needed to call an electrician because we had an electrical problem.

When they showed up, they did not have the proper equipment to even test the water tank and reported back to the company that the water heater needed to be replaced and it was under war. The water heater did not need to be replaced the elements I tried to contact American Home Shield and the company I kept getting the runaround American Home Shield said I was going to have to pay an additional $278 to have it fixed through them but that was only a quote. I received an email from the company that they had sent out and they stated they wanted $2500 to replace the water heater. Plus I was supposed to buy the water heater for them.

We desperately needed hot water in the house so I made another contact to a reputable company, they sent out a technician who had the problem diagnosed and fixed within one hour of his arrival. It was the elements I have attached a photo after several attempts to contact a manager and share with them calmly, my concerns. I finally got a hold of somebody who said its not their problem they were not gonna refund my hundred dollars that they were given to send somebody out to have the heater tested And I should have let them finish the work. I had to call them at least six times to speak to a manager who was less than helpful.

anyone that is considering purchasing an American Home Shield warranty plan best think about it twice of what you might be getting into. They are rude and customer service.

There is less than acceptable. By the way I now have hot water and Im very happy they listen to me in the first place, none of this wouldve happened just replace the elements and move on with it.

Steven S Gkd
Piss-Poor Customer Service
2.2

Here's my recent Yelp post:
Well...it looks like I get to add to the list of disappointed customers. It was only after I found out from a neighbor with a bad experience that I decided to inquire further with AHS regarding the issue of "Labor" costs, and whether it is covered in their policies.

I could not find anywhere in my policy that labor is included. I have now made three requests with customer service on this issue...all of which have said "YES"... labor "IS" included! But when I asked them to show me where it says that in my policy they cannot.

Since they all have said labor is included I ask that they simply provide this to me in black & white. Two agents said they would send me this information...that was 4 weeks ago! My most recent conversation was with a supervisor named Marlon...overseas of course. Marlon also stated that labor is included but failed to point it out in my policy.

So I demanded to speak to his supervisor. Marlon guaranteed me I would receive a call from his supervisor within 24 hours. As of this post...they have 5 hours to go. I seriously doubt I'll get the call...even after additiional reassurance from Marlon.

What I have determined is that I have found a loophole in their business and they really want to avoid it at all costs. My policy came with the house I purchased last year and as a basic coverage policy I renewed it for another year only after I got wind of this scam. I will update this post when information is received from AHS...but I'm not holding my breath! Buyer beware.

Just know that the price you are paying for this coverage is the price you are paying for piece of mind only! Just to update...two days has passed now and I have made contact three more times with AHS customer service. I find it troubling that I cannot speak to someone in the US! Every CSR continues to promise that a supervisor WILL call me back...and yet I have received NO call back!

Just such poor service!

I'm just tired of trying to get AHS to resolve this issue! What's the definition of insanity?

How Good is American Home Shield's Customer Service?

Hideko Wcw
Hideko Wcw
Feels Disappointed | Feb 22, 2024

The rep was very courteous. Although I did not like the answer, it was what I needed to know

Brighten Dev
Brighten Dev
Feels Disappointed | Feb 18, 2024

Finally spoke with a supervisor after raising *** Hopefully something will be resolved this week. If not, I am canceling my contract.

michelle a Rqf
michelle a Rqf
Feels Disappointed | Feb 03, 2024

Horrible as they hire the lowest quality repair companies and the wording in contracts is so poorly written that where it says any parts can be used for a repair job, a plumber stole my copper shower pipe/fixture and left plastic and random handles and connector parts that do not match also rather than sweat pipes tape was used.that leaks

Rakeisha Swz
Rakeisha Swz
Feels Disappointed | Jan 14, 2024

Not good at all

Benita Rfx
Benita Rfx
Feels Satisfied | Dec 23, 2023

Normally, the customer service is excellent. But the technician came 2 weeks ago to check on my oven that needs to be fixed and it’s still not fixed. They said they’re waiting for the technician to provide details to them.
Very disappointed this time.

Celeste Beu
Celeste Beu
Feels Satisfied | Nov 30, 2023

Repair person very knowledgeable and pleasant to communicate with. Explained procedure.

Summary of American Home Shield Customer Service Calls

9% ISSUES
RESOLVED

Top Reasons of Customers Calls

Consumers Call the Most From

Why Do People Call American Home Shield?

Staff Question:

• “Been a week and no service for my refrigerator.”
  • “Customer service”
  • “Service Request on hot water heater”

Product/ Service Question:

• “Insurance policy number”
  • “Home warranty”
  • “Can you please provide the declaration and policy of your insurance American Homeshield.”

Request for Information Question:

• “I need to talk with someone”
  • “Talk to representative”
  • “I have a problem with my garbage disposal. Need help immediately”

Activation/ Cancellation Question:

• “Payment”
  • “Bills”
  • “Billing”

Account Question:

• “To see if my account is active”
  • “To verify my account”
  • “Accounts”

Return/ Replace Question:

• “Place a complaint. I called AHS and paid $100.00 to have a technician come and Fix a fan in the great room, a fan in the bedroom, and an exhaust in the bathroom.The technician came, but never returned.. November 19th and nothing fixed”
  • “Microwave replacement”
  • “Schedule AIr Conditioning replacement”

Shipping and Delivery Question:

• “Where is my plumber”
  • “Because I have not received the contract”
  • “Repair I didn't get the call teck”

Refund Question:

• “Refund”
  • “Asking for a refund of charge”
  • “Problem with new policy, refund,call back from supervisor”

Employment Question:

• “I'm a contractor to trying to get employment.”
  • “Job”
  • “Job left incomplete”

Cards Question:

• “Trying to get my Amazon gift card I was promised for signing up”
  • “E-gift card misplaced found then found out it was used”
  • “Change my credit card on auto pay”

Website/ Application Question:

• “Website says service call tract expired.”
  • “Website doesn't work for service request”
  • “Trying to get a application sent to me to become a AHS contractor”

Other Question:

• “2 companies reported to my home today claiming they were recommended by ahs. The first person was Toni and the second was Josh. What company ordered the part and is approved to repair the *** refrigerator?”
  • “Does my policy cover garage door repair”
  • “You have mailed my contact to my physical address”

About