Verified Reviewer

Hello,

We filed a claim for a heater issue on the above property on 12/27/21. The heater was not working properly with heating and also was making a very loud noise & smelled like burning rubber.

After waiting 9 days for service, Same Day Heating & Air came out on 1/5/22 (first appointment was 1/4/22 between 12-4 PM) & they couldn't make it during those hours and wanted to meet me after 5 PM. I declined & rescheduled to the next morning because it is freezing cold inside the home.

Juan Soto was the technician that arrived on 1/5/22. He told me that the loud noise was "normal" and the only thing wrong with the unit was the thermostat. He replaced the thermostat; however the heater is still making this loud noise & smells.

I had another HVAC company look at the heater & they told me that the inducer motor is what is making the noise & it needs to be replaced, along with the flame sensor & ignitor.

I have a bid to repair this for $650.00 from Contra Costa Climate. I will hire them to complete this job properly, but want confirmation that this is a covered item & will be reimbursed to us. If you say that this is not covered, please identify in the policy that states that item is not a covered item. I have reviewed the policy & it doesn't appear the inducer motor is an item that is excluded.

I called AHS to discuss this today.

I have been on the phone for over an hour with Jasmine who is in the Philippines!! She is very hard to understand & I don't think she understands the problem. I have asked for a supervisor & am now on hold again. She didn't want to transfer me to a supervisor.

She stated that she called the HVAC company & was told that this item is not covered & working properly. I can assure you it is not! It has never made a loud noise or smelled like burning rubber prior to this time.

I am more than dissatisfied with this customer service. If this claim is going to be denied by AHS, I want it denied in writing.

I intend to sue AHS in small claims court. This is just not right & no wonder the public has such a negative feeling about home warranty companies. They will do anything to deny a claim...yet charge my senior citizen Mother $851.88 per year for this policy! Very sad.

I wonder what 7 on your Side will think about this?? I'm sure you don't need any more negative publicity!

Donna O'Connor

Victoria O'Connor

for The Estate of Dorcas O'Connor

User's recommendation: Avoid this home warranty company.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Preferred solution: The heater repaired properly!.

American Home Shield Cons: Terrible customer service, Terrible customer service denies claim that should be covered.

Location: 3420 Deerpark Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94598