Verified Reviewer

2.8

Update by user Jul 21, 2020

If I were writing a review of the vendors we've worked with over the years and the value add of the product provided here, my rating would be higher but I've just spent hours out of my day trying to accomplish something that should have taken minutes and for that I'm beyond frustrated

Original review posted by user Jul 21, 2020

We've been with AHS for a long time, years ... we have had various times over the years where their services were in-valuable and although their costs have risen over the years I imagine thats needed due to inflation.

My frustration isn't with the company itself but with the "service" or lack of it ...

Today I placed a service request through their automated system but I wasn't allowed to select the company that we've worked with in the past so I called and I was on hold for a full hour before being answered by Ana ..

she was pleasant but obviously not in the U.S. so there were a few challenges.

I explained to Ana that I our preferred provider was Puget Electric and could she change the selected provider to them. She said she couldn't do that .. we went around and around for 30 minutes ..

I finally asked to speak with a supervisor, she said she couldn't transfer me because her manager was busy with other calls, I offered to hold but she still would not transfer me. She said that she wasn't authorized to cancel my order, then she said that she didn't have the option and wasn't authorized to change the vendor the company I requested. She said AHS has preferred vendors and they have to be used. Throughout the call she would place me on hold periodically and then get back to me, there were times when I could hear her (hear that she was there) but she wasn't responding to me.

She continued to repeat her explanation of why she couldn't change vendors ... she said that the contract says this .. and gives us the right to do that .. I asked for a manager again, I'm sure I asked 10 times throughout the call.

After 40 minutes I told her that I've worked in call centers, I know there are drop down options, I said that I was the customer and my preferred provider should be important to AHS ...

She put me on hold again. While she had me on hold this time I created an online account with AHS and with the click of a button I cancelled the initial work order or service request because she said she wasnt allowed or authorized to do so. When she came back on the line I Let her know that I had cancelled the work order which surprised her, I then asked why 2 months ago we were able to call and make this same request and didn't have any issues, she said it was because we stated that there was a "schedule conflict" .. I said fine ..

we have a schedule conflict then.. and she said .. Oh, ok ma'am, let me see what I can do about that... This whole thing took me 2 HOURS!!

1 hour on hold to get to a live person, and the other hour arguing with the service rep to get service!!

I'm so angry over this waste of time ... She talked about AHS preferred vendors .. are they paying to be preferred vendors? Shouldn't we have a right to say who we do business with?

This company is also a preferred vendor but they're #3 on the list .. AHS doesn't know if there are outstanding reasons why I didn't want to work with the previous business and it shouldn't matter .. I'm still using one of their preferred vendors, just not the one they selected for me to use. Once she decided to complete my request it took "minutes" ..

the call took 2 hours!!

Customer service training is needed here, and if this were truly one of the company's policies .. it needs to be changed!!

I trained customer service and can't believe how much company's and their employees lack this basic skill!

Gail

User's recommendation: Be prepared to be frustrated and receive poor service.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Pros: Company offers a valid product and addresses a specific need.

American Home Shield Cons: Company has terrible customer service.

Comments