Verified Reviewer

I pay AHS for an annual contract to cover problems with my home. I have been a long time customer, and generally I finally obtain the service I need.

Once, just after moving into a home in Atlanta, I found a massive leak behind the washer-drier wall. I called AHS, and they told me they could not have someone look into my problem for 7 days. I explained that by then, my home would be flooded and all of the wooden floors and sheetrock would be ruined. Nevertheless, 7 days they tell me.

So, I called an emergency plumber and paid nearly $1000 out of pocket For the repair.

But I didn't drop AHS Service. A few years later, we retired to Florida. Shortly after moving in, our HVAC system stopped working. Again I called AHS.

It took them one week to assign a contractor and another three for the technician to show up. But, he did eventually repair the HVAC unit. Another time, our whole home vacuum system stopped working. We received the same laggy service.

Then, our intercom service stopped working. This time, when I called I was informed that AHS had changed their policy, and no longer covered home intercom systems.

But, still I did not learn. On February 9, 2021, I called in a ticket for the repair of my refrigerator ice maker. I paid my $75, and I waited to be contacted.

No luck. I finally started calling the contractor every hour after one week, and finally spoke with someone. They said they couldn't get here for two weeks. I waited, the tech showed up, diagnosed my issue and told me we needed a new ice maker.

He took photos, turned around and left. I have not heard from this contractor since. I have tried calling, left messages, and the one time I spoke with someone, I was told the diagnosis was with the service manager who was not at work that day. That was three weeks ago.

I have been unable to speak with the contractor since.

I started calling AHS on 3/22/2021. I then called again on 3/23, 3/24, 3/26 at 12:39 pm, and again that day at 4:46 pm because we were promised the contractor would call back that day, on 3/30 at 12:21 pm, I called again and was promised a call by close of business; on 3/31, I called and was once again promised to "escalate" this issue to some non-existent contractor relations department who would surely call me by the end of the day. What's that, you say? Oh, yes, I asked to speak with a supervisor.

This must be the only company in history not to have supervisory or management personnel with whom a customer can speak because I was told there were no supervisors and there was no way I could speak with anyone else. I presume that's because this is a call center in Delhi hired to screen customer complaints. Am I PISSED? You bet.

They have had my premiums for the last 20 years plus my $75 fee since February 9, and there is no way to speak with anyone in their Tennessee Office. My advice is to stay far away from American Home Shield.

User's recommendation: Do NOT Waste Your Money on Americal Home Shield.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Pros: Eventually the job might get done.

American Home Shield Cons: Failed to come as promised and never called, Staff does not deliver as promised, Lack of availability, Incompetent vendors, Waiting hours to talk to customer support on hold.

Comments