Contractor refused to tell the facts to American Home Shield
June 2015. Houston, Texas.
The refrigerator door seal gasket and hinge cam on Kitchen Aid 13 year old unit were worn out due to age and normal use in household environment. Use consists of opening and closing the door over the unit’s service life to access refrigerator contents. That is all. The unit is in very good condition in other respects.
I needed to move the unit from the kitchen to secondary location in home - requiring the doors to be removed for passage of the unit through a narrow entry. The contractor was shown the worn parts and reported to AHS that the wear was not normal wear and tear - so not covered. They [AHS] stated the reason for “not normal wear and tear” was due to the door removal - on the strength of contractor to AHS reports made without any opportunity for customer input into the rendering of the statements. In actual fact, when the contractor was looking at the worn parts at my home, they clearly told me these were fine, working correctly, and not in need of any replacement. This statement either means the contractor was told by someone to make these untrue claims or he is incompetent. Nobody knows for sure.
While the contract has some language to the effect of no coverage if a part [in this case the door] is taken off, this is a really sad position for a "peace of mind" service to adopt. I am formally joining the ranks of so many unhappy customers in America who report similar experiences about the games played in this AHS - contractor dance designed to limit AHS liability and blunt customer service – backing out of fulfilling the publicly advertised friendly face of service promise.
If there is an opportunity to join a class action process - I will certainly explore it as one more corroborating voice. AHS is not a customer friendly business - to the contrary, it is an aggressive operation that does not have the workings of customer satisfaction in its corporate charter.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Ahs Refrigerator Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "When I had bought the house a couple months ago I noticed that water was overshooting the gutters. At that time Gutter Helmet was already on the house. I had..."
- "Service guy came to repair trash compactor and he found one less than 3 inch bone and he has make an issue that because of the compactor got burnt out...."
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "My uncle recieved a check in the mail and asked if i could take him to get information and how he could cash it and what not. The clerk there..."
- "United PetSafe almost killed my Greyhound on July 3, 2013 on our flights from San Diego to Boston. My dog and my cat were never allowed out of their crates,..."
- "I stumbled upon WeUsePayPal when I discovered Amazon doesnt accept paypal as a method of payment. WeUsePayPal has a site set up that makes you believe you could purchase..."