Contractor refused to tell the facts to American Home Shield
June 2015. Houston, Texas.
The refrigerator door seal gasket and hinge cam on Kitchen Aid 13 year old unit were worn out due to age and normal use in household environment. Use consists of opening and closing the door over the unit’s service life to access refrigerator contents. That is all. The unit is in very good condition in other respects.
I needed to move the unit from the kitchen to secondary location in home - requiring the doors to be removed for passage of the unit through a narrow entry. The contractor was shown the worn parts and reported to AHS that the wear was not normal wear and tear - so not covered. They [AHS] stated the reason for “not normal wear and tear” was due to the door removal - on the strength of contractor to AHS reports made without any opportunity for customer input into the rendering of the statements. In actual fact, when the contractor was looking at the worn parts at my home, they clearly told me these were fine, working correctly, and not in need of any replacement. This statement either means the contractor was told by someone to make these untrue claims or he is incompetent. Nobody knows for sure.
While the contract has some language to the effect of no coverage if a part [in this case the door] is taken off, this is a really sad position for a "peace of mind" service to adopt. I am formally joining the ranks of so many unhappy customers in America who report similar experiences about the games played in this AHS - contractor dance designed to limit AHS liability and blunt customer service – backing out of fulfilling the publicly advertised friendly face of service promise.
If there is an opportunity to join a class action process - I will certainly explore it as one more corroborating voice. AHS is not a customer friendly business - to the contrary, it is an aggressive operation that does not have the workings of customer satisfaction in its corporate charter.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Ahs Refrigerator Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I hired Fakumoh Angbare to fix the air conditioner for my tenants out in Azusa, California. He came over and gave me the price and supposedly fixed it, however, my tenants..."
- "I have had to use ahs twice recently and both experiences were handle So unprofessionally and no consideration to their customer. Repairs made with rusty muddy parts. When told to..."
- "Carpet install on (2) sets of 5 steps, pieced together, cut wrong, installed using 2 different methods, missing padding. Luxury vinyl tile install, installer cut new flooring on top of..."
- "I stumbled upon WeUsePayPal when I discovered Amazon doesnt accept paypal as a method of payment. WeUsePayPal has a site set up that makes you believe you could purchase..."
- "I ordered my husband a flower and bear for Valentines last week. I ordered the bear with 3 flowers for $31.99 plus tax and delivery. the total being $51.41. What my husband..."
- "Please stay away from this place and all other locations. My cat was taken in for a routine scheduled teeth cleaning and died. She was put under sedation, which she..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."