June 2015. Houston, Texas.
The refrigerator door seal gasket and hinge cam on Kitchen Aid 13 year old unit were worn out due to age and normal use in household environment. Use consists of opening and closing the door over the unit’s service life to access refrigerator contents. That is all. The unit is in very good condition in other respects.
I needed to move the unit from the kitchen to secondary location in home - requiring the doors to be removed for passage of the unit through a narrow entry. The contractor was shown the worn parts and reported to AHS that the wear was not normal wear and tear - so not covered. They [AHS] stated the reason for “not normal wear and tear” was due to the door removal - on the strength of contractor to AHS reports made without any opportunity for customer input into the rendering of the statements. In actual fact, when the contractor was looking at the worn parts at my home, they clearly told me these were fine, working correctly, and not in need of any replacement. This statement either means the contractor was told by someone to make these untrue claims or he is incompetent. Nobody knows for sure.
While the contract has some language to the effect of no coverage if a part [in this case the door] is taken off, this is a really sad position for a "peace of mind" service to adopt. I am formally joining the ranks of so many unhappy customers in America who report similar experiences about the games played in this AHS - contractor dance designed to limit AHS liability and blunt customer service – backing out of fulfilling the publicly advertised friendly face of service promise.
If there is an opportunity to join a class action process - I will certainly explore it as one more corroborating voice. AHS is not a customer friendly business - to the contrary, it is an aggressive operation that does not have the workings of customer satisfaction in its corporate charter.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Ahs Refrigerator Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I ordered $3072.77 worth of double hung windows with lattice on Jan 4,2014 from the DFW Window World (WW) Office. The windows were installed on March 19, 2014. After install..."
- "Remington Park in Houston is probably in the running for top 3 nastiest, unsanitary and dirtiest Greystar properties and they charge tenants a $27 monthly trash fee for the pleasure...."
- "“The Sterling Group DKI: Poor Workmanship Triggers Mental Anguish for Senior Citizen in Poor Health… On October 22 of 2007, Steven Hartmann owner of The Sterling Group DKI submitted an estimate..."
- "First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the..."
- "Please stay away from this place and all other locations. My cat was taken in for a routine scheduled teeth cleaning and died. She was put under sedation, which she..."
- "Lost prevention beat down a customer inside the store accusing of stealing wich is all bull other wise they would it press charges isn't that weird?..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."
- "Georgia power deserves to be dismantled. This company could care less about safety. They are arrogant dictators with zero respect for the public they serve and the property owners they..."