Houston, Texas

June 2015. Houston, Texas.

The refrigerator door seal gasket and hinge cam on Kitchen Aid 13 year old unit were worn out due to age and normal use in household environment. Use consists of opening and closing the door over the unit’s service life to access refrigerator contents. That is all. The unit is in very good condition in other respects.

I needed to move the unit from the kitchen to secondary location in home - requiring the doors to be removed for passage of the unit through a narrow entry. The contractor was shown the worn parts and reported to AHS that the wear was not normal wear and tear - so not covered. They [AHS] stated the reason for “not normal wear and tear” was due to the door removal - on the strength of contractor to AHS reports made without any opportunity for customer input into the rendering of the statements. In actual fact, when the contractor was looking at the worn parts at my home, they clearly told me these were fine, working correctly, and not in need of any replacement. This statement either means the contractor was told by someone to make these untrue claims or he is incompetent. Nobody knows for sure.

While the contract has some language to the effect of no coverage if a part [in this case the door] is taken off, this is a really sad position for a "peace of mind" service to adopt. I am formally joining the ranks of so many unhappy customers in America who report similar experiences about the games played in this AHS - contractor dance designed to limit AHS liability and blunt customer service – backing out of fulfilling the publicly advertised friendly face of service promise.

If there is an opportunity to join a class action process - I will certainly explore it as one more corroborating voice. AHS is not a customer friendly business - to the contrary, it is an aggressive operation that does not have the workings of customer satisfaction in its corporate charter.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion