Verified Reviewer

1.4

This problem has gone on long enough. Initially reported as leaks in the bathtub faucet and bathroom sink on 12/23.

I have made multiple calls to AHS customer service lines; 877-489-**** & 866-765-****. Those calls started on 1/11/2021. AHS foreign based call center is very scripted, difficult to understand, and does not follow-up on commitments for a call back from a manager. The contracted plumbing service, Plumbers Inc., has made a fraudulent claim that the only way to access and replace the shower faucets is to cut through marble.

There is no marble around the bathtub faucets. I have pictures to prove it. This appears to be a contractor and AHS claim to bypass responsibilities associated with my consumer home warrantee under plumbing section 4. Neither AHS or Plumbers Inc.

has sent an estimate/quote for total cost and my portion of cost. This was requested from Plumbers Inc. on 1/11, 1/15, and 1/22. And, on 1/15 & 1/19 from AHS.

The request for a credit card without a quote/estimate or an invoice is an unfair business practice and I question legality.

My first call to AHS was on 1/11. Rep. Joseph advised faucet covered, Access through marble wall not covered. Total cost was requested with breakout requested.

Never received. Plumbers inc called twice the same day. Rep. Jenny advised technician would call with further repair explanation.

No call received.

On 1/15 Plumbers Inc. was called again. Jenny advised tech has not called in. Requested total cost.

Advised my cost was $690. Needed credit card. Called AHS same day. Bernadette was customer service rep.

I was again advised access through stone material not covered, Again I advised it's not stone or marble. Very difficult to understand and my questions were not answered.

On or about 1/18 I received a letter from frontdoor dated 1/12 advising the modification to water lines is/are not covered under the home service contract with AHS. The letter references sections of the contract I'm not locating in my Consumer Home Warranty agreement.

Next call was on 1/19. Representative Ronald.

I immediately asked for manager. Ronald blocked this request by immediately asking multiple questions. I again advised the claim for access needed through stone or marble by Plumbers Inc. is a lie.

Eventually Ronald put me on hold and called Plumbers Inc. and spoke to Ashley. ronald returned to my call and advised AHS was picking up $525 of Plumbers Inc for access through wall and my cost was only $165 for faucet replacement. This was repeated back to Ronald and he confirmed total cost $690, my cost $165, and AHS was picking up $515 access cost.

On 1/21 I called Plumbers Inc.

to schedule repair and rep. Shana advised my cost was still $690. I immediatly call AHS and requested a manager. Once again that request was blocked.

The representative saw no notes in system indicating a $525 commitment by AHS. She mentioned cash out price and forms would be sent. She did commit to calling back with manager. No call back has been received.

On 1/22 I again called Plumbers Inc.

and spoke to Jenny. She had no answer on the false marble. She advised AHS is only covering parts and agreed to send me an invoice. No invoice received to date.

Also on 1/22,AHS sent an E-Mail with two options.

Replacement by contractor at the price already quoted($690) or a cash out offer of $330. Both offers are woefully inadequate and are not consistent with the Customer Home Warranty. Questions I have asked continue to be ducked, commitments for call backs don't happen, and the claim of needed access through stone/marble is complete fiction. It appears this is a game with AHS and contractors.

An attempt to fatigue customers through unresponsiveness and continued miss-representation of repair work needed.

AHS is also not living up to commitments made by their own representatives. I would like a call back from a manager or director, not a representative from the call center.

User's recommendation: Avoid.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments