Verified Reviewer

1.2

Update by user Aug 11, 2021

After I canceled the service on 8-09-21 because I paid to fix it myself, the company sent me an email saying I was scheduled for 8-9 (which was already passed).

Original review posted by user Aug 10, 2021

Last week my air conditioner went out and I called the 800 number to get service. After holding for 30 minutes I gave up.

I called again the next day and after a long wait I got someone on the phone. They scheduled me with a company and told me to call them. When I did they told me they could not come out until Wednesday and that I should call AHS back and ask for expedited service. Because it was 116 degrees in Arizona I was given "expedited service" and told someone would be out Monday 3 days later.

I agreed and was told that Absolute Air would be out first thing Monday. We put our dogs in a boarding place because it was too hot for them in the house. Then we anxiously awaited for the person to come. I had called to make sure that they were coming and their voice mail was always full from my first call Friday and through the appointment time.

They did not call or show up today and no one at your company could reach them either. When I did a Yelp and BBB review on them I was glad they did not come out. Their ratings were terrible and I was shocked any company would do business with them they sound awful. I called AHS and let them know there was a no call no show and after 45 minutes of waiting they set me up with someone else for Tuesday.

After I spoke with the rep and called the referred contractor to confirm, the company called me back to say they no longer serviced our area. So it was another call to AHS. I called AHS again and they set me up with someone else after another 40+ minute hold and told me to call for an appointment. I called that person and left a message.

When he called back he told me he could come Thursday and he said might be able to come Thursday very reassuring. I called AHS back and held for 48 minutes while they tried to find another approved contractor. The woman finally came back on the phone and said, We finally got approval for you to and then she was gone. She did not call back, so I called again.

Every call is the hold time, then verifying myself 6 ways to confirm who I am, then being put on hold for long, long times. The rep I spoke to promised not to get cut off and that if she did she would call me back. She put me on hold after trying to get approval for me to get my own contractor. She was waiting for a supervisor to approve it.

After 54 minutes of waiting she came back and said that I should call back in 4 hours. I told her no, I wanted to speak with a supervisor. She cut me off and I went to the automated survey. I called again and asked to speak to a manager.

After saying she wanted my information she immediately transferred me to the survey.

Its clear that AHS was not going to honor the warranty and does not want to provide the service. Im astonished with the horrific customer service. In any case, the service was terrible - I cant help but believe that American Home Shield was attempting to have us give up and pay for our own repairs - which it was successful in doing; I found a contractor and paid $380 for the repairs - which was well worth it. It really is outrageous that something that is supposed to provide peace of mind took up 4 hours of my time in a single day - not to speak of the Friday before.

I saved my phone history to prove the length of calls because I'm certain the company will deny it. Worth nothing, but I have the history. When I called to cancel the appointment I spoke with a very nice rep for 30 minutes and a rooster was crowing in the background the entire time.

That was actually ok - I needed a laugh! I tried to call their corporate offices, but all numbers lead to off-shore customer service and there is no way to reach anyone at corporate or who cares at all about customers.

User's recommendation: Avoid this warranty company - their service is terrible.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Cons: Dont provide the service contracted, You have to spend hours on the phone to get no solution, Have canned solutions that dont work, Dont provide service and wait you out so you give up.

Comments