Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

1.1

I contacted American Home Shield in June of 2019 in regards to my air conditioning unit not pumping out cold air. They sent out a contractor who only added refrigerant to my unit and left after I paid for the refrigerant.

The following year in August of 2020 I experienced the same issue. American Home Shield sent out the same contractor who stated that my house was warm because it was hot outside. It was only after I let him know that I would not be paying unless he fixed my unit did he go outside and determined that once again, I was low on refrigerant. I was again charged to add the refrigerant.

In March of this year, I experienced the same problem and decided to do some research. I contacted American Home Shield to advise that they did not follow protocol and require the contractor detect the leak. They offered to send a different contractor to diagnose the problem if I pay another service fee. I refused and hired my own contractor to diagnose the problem and they determined that there was a leak in the evaporator coil.

I contacted AHS again and they sent a contractor out who confirmed the leak but would not repair it unless I paid for the refrigerant again!

I refused since this should have been diagnosed in 2019. AHS acknowledged that protocol was not followed but refuses to fix it.

User's recommendation: Avoid doing business with this company!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Heat Pump Warranty.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments