Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jan 10, 2021

January 10, 2021NOTHING has been done. We have sent AHS copies of the receipts for the new oven (which was installed by our neighbor and thus avoided about $300 in install charges) but they do not reply.

The total out-of-pocket cost was about $1,700. I sent them copies of the receipts (when I finally was able to get the correct email address) and scanned in the receipts and sent them using the contract number, but received no reply. I did notice that there, in the fine print, is something about taking 20 business days so am hopeful that they will reply soon.

I am just thankful that we could afford to purchase a new oven.Thank you for any help you can give us.Sandra S. Bennett

Update by user Dec 21, 2020

As I previously wrote, a neighbor offered to take me to Lowes where he helped me select a 30" GE wall oven then came to the house and installed it. All simply as a thoughtful, caring neighbor.

I sent an email to AHS on Dec. 16th with the information and the purchase price plus tax for the oven. They asked that I resend the request (which detailed the problem in 4 pages) and attach the receipts. I had to scan the receipts into the computer but it was too many megabytes to send with the letter.

So I sent them an email with the contract number on it along with the scanned in copies of the receipts I believe they were going to respond within 7 days. So am still waiting.From: ahspor@***.comTo: gabriel364@***.comSent: 12/16/2020 11:05:21 AM Pacific Standard TimeSubject: RE: AHS contract #284-74*-*** re replacement of Dacor OvenThank you for your recent email submittal for your Oven. Unfortunately, there was no invoice/receipt attached to your email. We do need to ask that you resubmit your information.

Once we have a paid invoice, we will be able to proceed with the cash out process.

If you should have any questions, please feel free to call AHS Appliance Purchasing at 800-326-****, select Option 3 at the automated menu and any associate can assist you OR the AHS Authorization Specialist Line at 877-489-**** and any associate can assist you. Thank you again and have a very nice day,The AHS Inspection Services Team

Update by user Nov 21, 2020

The control board replaced 3 times and still does not work. We were sent photos of various ovens that Appliance Wizard company apparently had indicated to AHS would work but when the oven was delivered it could not be installed because, Appliance Wizard told us, the opening was not large enough for the oven that AHS had sent.

We could not find someone within the allotted time to ream out the opening and so, my understanding is, that the oven was returned to wherever it came from. A fellow that we had doing some remodeling work for us in our bathroom was working here at the time and suggested that I go to Lowe's and see about getting the right sized oven there. I went to Lowe's and they said they would have to have an installer look at the space and see what needed to be done and verify the size needed. The charge for that was $49.00 (plus or minus a few cents) which would be deducted from the purchase price.

The fellow came out yesterday and measured and said he would send info on various ovens that might fit the opening best and one was a KitchenAid. I told him the KitchenAid would be fine. I believe that this oven is significantly less expensive than the Dacor that is being replaced. My question to AHS is how would like to handle reimbursement to us for the cost of the new oven.

Should we go ahead and pay for the oven and its install up front and then send them a copy of the bill? We do not know what to do and can get no response from AHS.

Original review posted by user Nov 21, 2020

William and Sandra Bennett, 13619 NW 14th Pl, Account #284-74*-***

Earlier this year (under our contract with American Home Shield) Appliance Wizard Service was contacted about fixing our built-in Dacor oven. Appliance Wizard brought out and installed a new control panel but it worked no better than the first one that had been replaced, ie., it does not produce the programmed temperature, and the clock does not work.

I have always kept a daily phone log and my log indicates that Appliance Wizard Service was contacted twice in July and several times in early August about the ongoing problem. On August 18th I spoke with someone named DeAnna at Appliance Wizard and was told that the company is still waiting for the part.

On August 28th I called AHS and spoke with someone named Al (in the Philippines) and was told that the requested part had been ordered on August 21 and had asked the tech what they needed. He said they tried to call me back but could not reach me. I have no idea what this was about.

I called AHS on September 3, 2020 and asked for a status update re the control panel for the oven.

Eventually someone answered who said all lines were busy and that hold time was likely 30+ minutes.

No one from Appliance Wizard Service has ever contacted me.

Today September 18, 2020, I spent considerable time trying to call AHS for an update. I was told that I have a new account number (#284-74*-***). The original account number was 220-23*-***, then 256-91*-***. I have NO idea why the account number keeps changing.

When I finally got a recorded voice (after I selected the "status" update) the recorded voice said that Sears had completed the refrigerator repair on August 21, 2020 and that the service request with Appliance Wizard, place on 07/13/2020 was still on back order. The voice said I could hold for further help and that the hold would be 25 to 35 min. I decided to wait and hold but after nearly 40 minutes the phone clicked off on the AHS end.

After the above fiasco I tried to call Appliance Wizard at 360-241-**** and the answering machine said the mailbox is full and can't accept messages.

What I need to know, since we've been without a working oven for the past year, when is the oven going to be replaced.

It seems obvious that Decor no longer makes a part for this appliance.

We will look forward to hearing how you are going to resolve this issue.

Sincerely,

Sandra S. Bennett

User's recommendation: Terrible service for AHS and NO WAY to contact them except by talking to someone in a foreign country, who really seems unable to help at all.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments