Verified Reviewer

2.3

Update by user Nov 02, 2020

Good morning/afternoon!I filed with my banking institution in early July regarding the charges taken against my account by AHS (for the months of May They conditionally returned the funds but just recently they took the funds back. They stated they had documentation from AHS showing that you had refunded me the funds.

I have not received any checks and I'm sure if you check your records you will find that I haven't cashed any checks against American Home Shield (AHS). I'm on the phone with one of your CSRs that doesn't speak English well. Now she is telling me that I'm getting $73.99 dollars back.

Gentlemen/Ma'am, I'm to receive twice that ($147.98) because I was charged on or about May 30 and again a few days later in June. So I am still at a loss due to the charges placed against my account after I had canceled and the funds taken back from my financial institution!

Original review posted by user Jul 04, 2020

We called and canceled with you on May 30, 2020. I checked my account shortly after finding 2 charges days of each other for that which you felt was due.

Your customer service operator told me that my account was not active and that there was no reason for me to worry because my account was closed. Lies! It is in my phone records that I spoke with someone as I have a 20+minute call to your number. Please refund the monies ($73.99 x 2) you deducted from my account as soon as possible!

Secondly, tonight, I called again to reach someone since it was a holiday I thought I would not have to wait so long. WELL, I waited 30+ minutes to speak to someone, they spoke to me briefly, claimed to verify information, and placed me hold for another 16 min 30 seconds before I hung up. This is why I cancelled with you all. A copy of will be sent to my bank and a copy to the Better Business Bureau!

Don't email me again just refund my money! Your services weren't needed; had another warranty before I canceled!

Considering I've been with you all at least 8 years, I am not sure of the contract # I'm listing one we had a prior year but it should help you reference the last one we had with you. I'm afraid to log in to the account as you'll use it as an excuse to say I reinstated with you.

User's recommendation: Think Real Hard Before Signing Up!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

American Home Shield Pros: Products.

American Home Shield Cons: Billing was the worst, Lying by customer service reps.

Comments