889 Ridge Lake Blvd, Memphis, TN 38120, USA

American Home Shield has a automatic renewal and they increased my policy by 25 PERCENT!!! Who attempts to take advantage of a person except a scam?

After being on hold for more than 4 hours, an agent asked what he could do to retain my business. We agreed on the original policy amount with a credit for the increased billing on my next automatic billing. Fast forward to my next billing and 25 PERCENT increase was charged to my credit card. After an hour this time waiting on an agent, I was told that I would receive a credit for a couple months (sound familiar to my last call?).

I requested a cancellation with a confirmation number. The agent would not provide me with a confirmation number but said that I sould recieve a cancellation email within a couple of days.

I anticpate having to be out a tremendous amount of work cancelling my credit card by settting up new automatic bill payments with the ulitities and so forth. YOU SHOULD AVOID AMERICAN HOME SHIELD LIKE A CANCER!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Lack of a call-back feature when waiting on hold, Hold time was greater than 30 minutes to talk to a person.

Comments