Elkton, Maryland

Update by user Jan 05, 2012

12/19/11 - AHS took almost $600 for a full year\'s payment despite our preference for monthly payments.

12/20/11 - Discovering the mistake, I called AHS and they said 5-7 days (or 2-5 days after speaking with a supervisor). I called 800-776-4663.

12/21/11-12/24/11 - Calling everyday and checking my bank account, I wait on hold for 10min before speaking with a rep who puts me on hold for another 10min before disconnecting. At this point, I find their Office of the CEO number. (901) 537-8000 I left one angry message and one calm message.

12/25/11 - On our way to families\' homes for Christmas, I make another call to their main number and am told by a representative that the money won\'t be refunded until after Christmas since the claim was submitted 12/22/11 and wasn\'t processed yet.

12/27/11 866-305-0259 x21 Jackie from the Office of the CEO called back and said that she spoke with one of the supervisors and got on them to process my refund.

12/28/11 - AHS finally refunded my money.

12/30/11 - AHS debited $50 for my first month\'s payment.

1/3/12 - Jackie called back to make sure I was happy.

Overall, I understand that there was a mistake and, due to the holidays, they did the best they could to rectify the issue in a timely manner. I\'m not happy it happened, but I don\'t begrudge them a simple mistake.

Original review posted by user Dec 24, 2011

My boyfriend and I just bought our first home last year and we got a free year of AHS warranty service. Nothing has really broken so I don't know how good they are at what they do, but our contract was up for renewal in November. They called incessantly despite the fact that I told them I have good insurance and don't need a warranty service since all my appliances are pretty much new. However, the boyfriend, the constant worrier, got the call one day and convinced me to renew. We INSISTED on monthly payments. Come December, they charged my account for the full year - almost $600 right before Christmas!

I called on the 19th and spoke to a customer service representative who told me it would take 5-7 days to refund the money minus the monthly payment for $50. I told her that was unacceptable and I wanted to speak with a manager. The supervisor told me it could take 2-5 days which was better, but not by much.

Christmas Eve - no presents under the tree and other paid bills about to bounce - I still have not received the refund. I called this morning and finally got someone after waiting on hold for 10 minutes only to be placed on hold again while she "researched". This left me on hold for another 10 minutes before they disconnected. I called back and am now currently waiting on hold - it's been 6 minutes so far.... Will update when someone finally answers...

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Comments