1.4

AHS has been nothing but a nightmare for me. My experience with the one repair I've had started out terribly with a rude Sears tech telling me off because I questioned his evaluation of the appliance.

AHS did meet me half way though, sending a tech from an independent company and offering me a buy out amount (small, but helpful) on what the repair would have been, something the Sears tech never mentioned. I have since re-thought my choice in home warranty programs and have tried to talk with them to cancel my plan. However, they are apparently understaffed or just don't care about communication with their clients. One day alone I spent OVER two hours on the phone, waiting for a representative so that i could cancel my policy.

(They have a special department for that which apparently is VERY, VERY busy - either that or they say they have this department but there's nobody there). The next day I sat for an hour or more and gave up, and have tried numerous times and still not gotten through to a person who could handle my cancellation. Finally, they sent me a letter cancelling my policy and with in three days of receiving the letter, I received a letter from a collection agency on my balance. This is, in my opinion the wrong way to handle customers and carries the tell tail signs of a business that is too doesn't care about its clients.

I can't even give them one star, but if I must to post this, I will. BTW, I have taken an appliance warrantee plan through Centerpoint Energy, which is much better for just about the same cost.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Preferred solution: Release me from my obligation as of the date of last payment and recall account from collections.

American Home Shield Pros: Way they handled the refrigerator situation.

American Home Shield Cons: No interest whatsoever to please the customer, Take diagnosis and interpret only in their best interest, Transferred to 7 different people and being disconnected, Extreme holds, No one answers in cancellation dept.

• Terrible Customer Support